Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Donor Relations Director to join the Donor Relations team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Donor Relations Director manages the Donor Relations Team and is responsible for cultivating relationships with individual major and mid-level donors. This includes executing a strategy to maintain commitment, expand the donor base and increase donor giving through portfolio management, contact management and major donor direct mail strategy. It also includes overseeing the Catalyst Gala event coordination, execution, follow-up and donor cultivation strategy.
Our Donor Relations team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Essential Job Duties
- Manage, support, facilitate and review the work of direct report(s) by equipping, encouraging and empowering in their specific areas of responsibilities.
- Manage, review and approve all department staff hiring and disciplinary actions, in cooperation with supervisor and the People Team.
- Develop and meet annual department expense budget and goals.
- Develop overall major donor treatment strategy which includes receipting, mail contacts, email strategy and personal contacts with the CDO.
- Manage an overall team portfolio management strategy focused on increasing the major donor base, growing current donors and reactivating lapsed donors. This role is responsible for the health of the mid-level and major gifts channel’s and pipeline development.
- Work closely with the Senior Marketing Manager to cultivate and increase giving of major donors through direct mail.
- Oversee Annual Catalyst Fundraising Gala including event coordination, auction item procurement, sponsorship, pre-commitments, volunteer committee management, donor follow-up and cultivation strategy.
- Cultivate personal and professional relationships with donors; engendering a sense of belonging to the Mission. This includes a portfolio of 30 to 50 donors.
- Maintain donor database, donor budgeting system and reports.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of Mission programs as a means to facilitate donor relationships, development and increase giving.
- Represent the Mission in the community with the purpose of fund donation and solicitation.
- Manage, create and execute major donor events.
- Any other job-related duties as directed by supervisor.