Position Title: Assistant to the Executive Pastor of Staff Development
Department Name: Executive
Organizational Level: Support
Reports to: Executive Pastor of Staff Development
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Full/Part time: Full-time
Salary Range: $21-$24/hour
Date: August 2023
The Assistant to the Executive Pastor of Staff Development works directly with and on behalf of the Executive Pastor of Staff Development to serve as the liaison for this pastor with staff, the Southeast community and the community at-large. This position provides overall administrative support to ensure the smooth and efficient operation for this pastor and team.
- Handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
- Operates autonomously, ensures business and travel schedules are maintained and managed to assure supervisor’s availability and attendance at meetings and events.
- Coordinates and manages aspects of supervisor’s staff meetings, offsite meetings and other meetings. This includes ensuring that all details, materials and supplies are prepared and accounted for prior to the meetings and ensuring supervisor is well-prepared for meetings.
- Manage agenda items, meeting notes and minutes from team meetings.
- Attends meetings and manages meeting outcomes, including all action items for supervisor and downline.
- Anticipates needs while establishing an extensive calendar.
- Helps create systems and processes to help organization run smoothly.
- Screens all phone calls for supervisor, handling issues as appropriate.
- Communicates and handles incoming and outgoing electronic and paper communications on behalf of supervisor.
- Prepares extensive domestic and international travel arrangements, including visa requirements, air, hotel, transportation and itineraries.
- Manages supervisor’s workload; acts as the gatekeeper and proactively performs follow-up responsibilities.
- Meets and greets visitors for supervisor.
- Maintains close relationships with the supervisor’s direct reports.
- Maintains office files, supplies and equipment for supervisor.
- Serves as a key interface to and for supervisor.
- Processes expense report approvals and manages business workflow that requires supervisor’s attention, alerting them to issues and anomalies as they arise.
- Assists supervisor in research as needed.
- Assists and trains other administrators with the Executive Administrator to the Lead Pastor.
- Maintains poise while possessing the ability to manage changing priorities.
- Works closely with Executive Administrator to assist in communication between Executive Pastors and Lead Pastor.
- Performs other duties, as needed.
This position will be completed in 40 hours per week. May include weekend services, some holidays, other weekend times and evenings.
This job operates in a professional office environment and uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, desktop computers and telephones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and frequently required to sit and/or stand for sustained periods of time; lift, push, pull items in excess of 30 lbs; walk and reach with hands and arms.