Fessenden Children’s Center provides childcare for children 12 weeks to 5 years-old. We are located in West Newton, MA on the campus of the Fessenden School. We are committed to foster social-emotional, physical, cognitive, and developmental growth through thoughtful, integrated curriculum within a safe and nurturing environment. Through interpersonal relationships between teachers, children, and their families, we ensure that each child’s individual needs are met.
Fessenden Children’s Center seeks Substitute Teachers to join our team. Responsibilities will include implementing daily activities that assist the children between 12 week and 5 years-old with mastery of age-appropriate developmental milestones. A teacher must have great love and patience for children. Qualifications needed to teach them effectively include knowledge of best practices and developmental milestones as well as the ability to engage them and earn their love and trust.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Help to implement a nurturing and creative program
- Employ a variety of educational techniques to facilitate achievement of age-appropriate developmental milestones
- Supervise nap and snack times to ensure that children are safe at all times
- Communicate with parents as needed
- Collaborate with other educators; a team player
- Maintain a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety regulations as required by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC)
- Performing other duties as assigned.