The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Bureau of the Agency Chief Contracting Officer (ACCO) partners with personnel throughout the Agency to procure quality goods and services, at fair and reasonable prices, in accordance with the City Charter, Procurement Policy Board Rules and Directives issued by the Mayors Office of Contract Services. ACCO provides training, written and verbal technical assistance, and creative solutions to ensure that the procurement needs of DOHMH are met in a responsible manner.
Location: 42 09 28th Street, LIC, NY 11101
The Bureau of the Agency Chief Contracting Officer (ACCO) within the Division of Finance is seeking to hire a temporary Procurement Coordinator. With a staff of more than 6,000 and a budget of $1.6 billion, the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene is the nations premier local health agency. Its more than 100 programs protect and promote the health of the worlds most culturally and linguistically diverse city.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Process procurements. Ensure use of the appropriate procurement method; accuracy and clarity; and that all required documents and justifications are provided for the procurement record.
- Communicate with vendors to request required procurement documents, review submitted documents for completion and compliance with procurement rules and ensure that documents are appropriately routed.
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels as necessary in the successful coordination of the procurement process.
- Utilize Agency and Citywide systems in the processing and approval of procurement actions and contract awards.
- Coordinate and keep track of actions related to the procurement process, such as City Record postings and Local Law 34.
- Work on special projects related to procurement as necessary.
- Carry out all procurement activities in full compliance with New York City procurement rules and laws, and in accordance with procedures established in the DOHMH ACCOs Office.