Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Accounting and Finance team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Senior Financial Analyst supports the Senior Leadership team and each of the various Department Managers. The SFA will dive deep into the financials and data for Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission (The Mission) and will be responsible for the preparation and analysis of each department’s financial reports and to work with each department manager to ensure that they are planning, spending, and/or generating “revenue” according to annual plan.
The SFA will role will be significant in the strategic planning process. The SFA will analyze and contrast outcomes with financial data and project this information forward, which will enable us to make informed decisions on what to invest in all of our ongoing programs.
The SFA will also play a significant role in all of the Mission’s new ventures and will develop pertinent financial projections, analysis, cost estimates, return on investment and other critical analysis that will help determine the new venture’s monetary implications, impact and realistic success metrics for the Mission. The SFA will also perform analysis on current projects and issues to help Mission leaders better understand the benefits and risks associated with each opportunity.
Our Accounting and Finance team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Essential Job Duties
- In conjunction with the Director and CFO, prepare yearly operating budget, monthly budgets and also monitor budget monthly with each operating department.
- Monthly or regular meetings with each division head and department head to review and plan financials.
- Facilitate month-end analysis and variance reports and meetings, as needed.
- As needed and directed, develop customized analysis, modeling, and reports (such as revenue and expense modeling) and work with development analyst to determine necessary financial insights for the Mission.
- Investigate, monitor, and help resolve issues relating to expenditures and spending.
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial dashboards that help management optimize utilization of resources.
- Serve as a resource for financial information and guidelines to department supervisors, managers, and directors and assist them with budget issues.
- The SFA will partner with new opportunity “owners” to build a comprehensive financial package (multi-year pro forma income statements, financial modeling, estimated expenses, financing alternatives, etc.).
- Prepare schedules for Board reports.
- Work with Director and CFO to help develop key performance metrics for the Mission overall and departments within the Mission.
- Work with Director and CFO in the monitoring and review of grant applications to ensure that the Mission is compliant with grant reporting requirements.
- Work with the Director and CFO to provide strategic guidance to the president on business issues related to ongoing programs and operations in a way that marries outcomes to investment.
- Serve as the co-leader in managing capital grants to insure the Mission maximizes the impact on all capital grantsdonations.
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and training, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.