The Speedskating Outreach and Development Coordinator shall be hired by the Utah Olympic Legacy Foundation and supported by US Speedskating. Under the guidance of the Sport Director of the Utah Olympic Oval, the Outreach and Development Coordinator is to be responsible for developing and implementing professional, fun and effective youth-based speed skating programs at the Utah Olympic Oval with an emphasis on program growth and retention, while incorporating the US Speedskating Athlete Development Model principles, for the UOO speed skating programs.
- Serve as a member of the Learn to Speed skate coaching at the UOO in support of maintaining Sport 2030 goals set forth by the UOLF.
- Create playful, fun and age appropriate training environments at each level.
- Must be familiar and current with ISU/USS Speedskating rules and regulations
- Ensure integration of the various levels and abilities of the UOO Speedskating programs (Intro, learn to-FAST)
- Knowledge and understand of Learn to Skate USA, US Speedskating and Utah Olympic Oval development pipeline principles
- Experience in working with and coaching youth and adult athletes
- US Speedskating coaching certification (at minimum, Level 1 required)
- Assist with the development and management of UOO Speedskating camps and US Speedskating clinics
- In conjunction with OSSC Head Club coach, assist with implementation of the US Speedskating Athlete Development Model (ADM) principles for UOOSS program pipeline - focusing on inclusive and appropriate training environments, multi-sport participation, quality coaching and parental engagement through UOO Learn to skate program
- Lead the Outreach to regional clubs in Provo, Park City and beyond for the purpose of strengthening Speedskating in the region to increase accessibility and reach a more diverse group of participants, ultimately driving new participant engagement in Club, competition and FAST programs.
- Design and implement summer inline skating programs along with in school Skate PE curriculum
- Assist with all competition management planning, implementation and execution for Long track and Short track speed skating competitions at the UOO
- Lead outreach in community events and recruitment
- Assist Local Organizing Committee (LOC) with World Cup/ World Championship events
- Lead the process for Utah Olympic Oval Speedskating Club to achieve and maintain US Speedskating certified Development club status.
- Management of UOO Coaching staff in annual certification compliance (i.e., SafeSport)
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college university with a degree in sports recreation or other closely related field – or a combination of education and/or relevant experience totaling four years.
- Recognized Coaching certification
- Knowledge of USS ADM model
- Proven Organizational, planning and management skills
- Resourceful problem solver
- Multi-task oriented
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Highly motivated with strong leadership skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Flexible work schedule
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Hearing – to converse with others in a normal conversation
- Balancing, bending, climbing, kneeling, walking, pushing, reaching above shoulders, and sitting
Required In-House Training
- UOLF Orientation
- Safe sport
- Sexual Harassment
- Drug & Alcohol
- Hazardous Communications Program
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of the job description at any time without prior notice