About us: Chrysalis is a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a pathway to self-sufficiency for homeless and low-income individuals by providing the resources and support needed to find and retain employment. Since 1984, we have helped more than 58,000 individuals change their lives through jobs.
The Government Relations Manager is responsible for developing, managing, and executing strategies to engage a wide range of public sector stakeholders. Working closely with the VP, Strategy & External Relations, the Government Relations Manager will actively represent Chrysalis in the community – regularly attending meetings, events, and conferences. They will build relationships with leaders in homeless services, workforce development, reentry services / criminal justice reform, and social enterprise, in order to advance Chrysalis’ mission. The Government Relations Manager will also ensure current government contracts are renewed, will continuously scan for new funding opportunities, and will monitor strategic areas for advocacy.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop & Manage Government Relations Strategy
- Scan for New Funding Opportunities & Prepare Successful Grant Proposals
- Track Policy Areas Impacting Chrysalis & Identify Opportunities for Advocacy
1. Develop & Manage Government Relations Strategy
- Work in collaboration with the VP, Strategy & External Relations and other key staff, to develop and manage Chrysalis’ strategy to engage public sector stakeholders at the local, state, and federal levels to further Chrysalis’ mission and support our strategic growth.
- Build and maintain relationships with key government stakeholders in the community — in both elected offices and with public sector departments — including holding regular meetings, leading tours of our centers, and networking at events.
- Working closely with Chrysalis staff managing existing government grants, track all contracts to ensure renewals are secured.
- Support Chrysalis’ new site expansion, by building relationships, and creating champions, among local government leaders.
- Working in coordination with Chrysalis’ Community Engagement Manager, support outreach to individuals in need of our services, maintaining relationships with a range of referral partners, which include public sector entities.
- Serve as an in-house expert on the various public-sector systems in which Chrysalis, and our clients, interact – including help informing internal staff about how these systems function and how to help our clients navigate them successfully.
2. Scan for New Funding Opportunities & Prepare Successful Grant Proposals
- Track trends in government funding opportunities in the area of homeless services, workforce development, reentry services, and social enterprise.
- Regularly monitor opportunities for funding, by subscribing to all necessarily listervs and checking websites where grant solicitations are posted.
- Help define and refine screening tool for government funding opportunities. Review solicitations for funding – including requests for proposals (RFPs), work orders, requests for statement or qualifications (RFSQs), etc. – to determine fit for Chrysalis to apply.
- Working closely with fiscal, programmatic, and grants management staff – as well as outside consultants, as needed – assemble winning proposals for funding.
3. Track Policy Areas Impacting Chrysalis & Identify Opportunities for Advocacy
- Attend policy-making meetings – including meetings of local legislative bodies (city councils, County supervisors, etc.) and sub-committees / workgroups, as needed.
- Maintain relationships with organizations leading advocacy efforts related to issues impacting Chrysalis and our clients.
- Monitor research and reports related to the issues effecting Chrysalis and our clients, as it relates to public policy, programmatic best practices, and trends in our sectors. Write summaries to share with internal staff, as needed.
- Track and analyze proposed and existing legislation to determine the possible impact on Chrysalis operations, funding, programs, and clients.
- Speak in public, prepare staff or clients to speak in public, and/or prepare letters for, or against, policy matters, as needed.
- Adhere to all Chrysalis policies and procedures.
- Support the Chrysalis mission and adhere to the Chrysalis Code of Ethics.
- Other duties as assigned.