JobsOhio is a private, nonprofit corporation designed to drive job creation and new capital investment in Ohio through business attraction, retention and expansion efforts. Economic development is about creating a place where companies can thrive and individuals can enjoy a higher standard of living. JobsOhio plays a leading role in economic development and serves as a catalyst to accelerate growth by investing in communities, helping Ohio’s businesses expand and attracting new companies to the state – all contributing to job creation, greater payrolls and more investment.
Summary of Position
Supports the mission of JobsOhio by providing administrative assistance to the government affairs team, which works to advance the mission of JobsOhio by proactively engaging with and serving as a conduit to federal, state and local economic development stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Coordinator, Government Affairs will, in consultation with the Director, Government Affairs and External Engagement, Sr. Manager, Local Government Affairs & External Engagement, Manager, Federal & State Government Affairs and Chief of Staff, assist in the administrative execution of various government affairs and stakeholder engagement strategies that include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with the Marketing Manager, Events to coordinate meetings between stakeholders, JobsOhio, JobsOhio Regional Network Partners and other relevant stakeholders.
- Attend meetings and act as scribe to document events
- Track engagement with stakeholders in the appropriate database to measure results and track if follow up is required
- Track continuous improvement opportunities through an internal deliberation process to ensure ideas and customer perceptions are vetted and practice changes or decisions are shared with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Maintain a professional and positive demeanor when engaging with elected officials and other stakeholders
- Actively maintain current knowledge of legislative and governmental activities to appropriately represent JobsOhio and provide a favorable public image
- Respond to inquiries from stakeholders in consultation with Director, Government Affairs and External Engagement
- Conduct research on legislation impacting JobsOhio and Ohio’s economic development climate and accurately relay to the team
- At the request of the Director, Government Affairs and External Engagement, conduct research on relevant government affairs and engagement topics and present findings to the team
- Support JobsOhio functional teams in interaction with elected officials
- Manage challenging communications and situations with decorum