The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), a recognized leader and innovator in public health and mental hygiene services nationally and internationally, seeks a dynamic banking Relations Specialist to join its challenging, fast-paced Bureau of the Controller/ Office of Fiscal Compliance Cash Management Unit in the Division of Finance.
Location: 42 09 28th Street, LIC, NY 11101
The Cash Management Unit is responsible for coordinating all banking relations for the agency; monitoring and reconciling all funds received and deposited by DCA and DOF; processing and depositing checks that are received and reconciling agency bank accounts.
- Records and reconciles online credit card transactions and daily deposits; Process credit card refunds; Handle credit card chargeback cases.
- Make bank deposits - Scan and deposit checks or money orders on-line.
- Process returned e-checks, sends letters to payers and notify applicable DOHMH Programs; retrieve records and respond to inquiries regarding returned e-checks; post returned e-checks and reimbursements in QuickBooks; prepare returned e-check schedules.
- Review and approve each refund voucher in FMS and ensure accuracy of information.
- Process J5R entry monthly in FMS to transfer revenue from Suspense account to Sub-revenue sources for all bank deposits.
- Prepare J5R entry to transfer revenue for Accela payments recorded to incorrect revenue structures.
- Handling funds transfer for Dog License donations and Animal Population Control Fund.