The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), a recognized leader and innovator in public health and mental hygiene services nationally and internationally, seeks four (4) dynamic financial analysts to join its challenging, fast-paced Bureau of the Controller/ Office of Fiscal Compliance/ Close Out Unit in the Division of Finance.
Location: 42 09 28th Street, LIC, NY 11101
The Close Out Unit is responsible for the fiscal review and annual fiscal closeout of delegate agency contracts.
- The Financial Analyst will be responsible for claims verification, contacting delegate agencies, reviewing fiscal documents, and creating finalization documents.
- Conduct claims verification of delegate agencies.
- Participate in and review the processing of fiscal documents, claims, tax bills, and financial statements; determine costs eligible for reimbursement; post quarterly fiscal reports to contract ledgers and subsidiary ledgers.
- Compare budgeted information with prior years and quarterly claims.
- Maintain detailed desk audit worksheets for each contract by quarter.
- Request supporting documentation for delegate agencies.
- Perform year-end finalization process after budget modifications have been submitted.