The Director of Development / Platform Architect is the key leader driving the strategic development of the enterprise class restaurant point of sale system, Nigel (https://nigel.com/).
She/he will work closely with Executive Leadership and the Nigel VP of Business Development to define the technical strategy, development goals and product roadmap. She/he will lead a team of software developers (through a Team Lead), and QA and DevOps professionals. She/he will lead development and deployment and will work closely and collaboratively with business development and product support to ensure product vision success.
- Own the health of the technical team – culture, strength, and vision achievement
- Collaborate with executive leadership, management and other critical parties to define product requirements, goals and objectives.
- Lead the development team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools and networks. Develop a team culture that supports employee engagement, high performance and retention.
- Manage the Development Team Lead, who will provide the development team with the day-to-day direction and coaching needed to successfully and consistently deliver high-quality working software products on time, within budget and to specification.
- Manage Quality Assurance and DevOps teams/functions for Nigel.
- Own the technical health of Nigel – features, functionality, hardware/software, and market position
- Define and drive the technical strategy, goals and product roadmap for Nigel.
- Partner with the leader of product support to ensure that the system is installed, updated, and supported for customer satisfaction and success.
- Cultivate a network of customers, market partners, and talent.
- Partner with the leader of business development to ensure the needs of targeted customers are understood, incorporated into the product development roadmap, and consistently met in product releases.
- Engage, in collaboration with the leader of business development, with customers and prospects as needed to support market development and new customer acquisition.
- Build and foster trusted relationships with executive leadership, the Nigel VP of Business Development, internal and external customers, and other critical parties to ensure an environment of collaboration and confidence.