POSITION TITLE: Director of Development
DEPARTMENT: Agency Administration
REPORTS TO: Chief Strategy Officer
FLSA STATUS: Exempt, Non-Union Position
The Director of Development will: lead on agency-wide resource development initiatives for La Familia and its co-branded departments; lead collaborative efforts to implement effective development-related communication strategy; and manage the agency’s volunteer program. This individual will act as a content expert in these areas for the agency. This individual will provide technical and administrative supervision to staff and will consult on agency initiatives and special projects to increase La Familia’s capacity where appropriate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Basic Functions)
This individual will be responsible for:
- Resource Development
- Build and strengthen relationships with new and existing donors to increase their engagement with La Familia’s work, help them stay connected, and encourage continued and increased donations.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement resource development plan for La Familia and any co-branded departments (for example, FESCO) to include:
- Donor-facing Communications
- Fundraising Campaigns and Appeals
- Foundation Cultivation and Stewardship
- Special Events
- Ensure communication and support for all “Friends of” organizations associated with La Familia and co-branded departments.
- Oversee gift-entry and acknowledgement processes, including data-entry into donor management software (i.e. Salesforce).
- Provide leadership and ensure project management to agency Communications Committee.
- Provide training and guidance to ensure program-level communications reinforce the brands of La Familia and co-branded departments.
- Provide support to communications projects and website management.
- Volunteer Program Management
- Develop and ensure the coordination of the volunteer and non-clinical intern system at La Familia.
- Maintain systems that 1.) protect quality of services delivered by La Familia via volunteers and 2.) minimize liability for the agency.
- Strategic Partnership Cultivation
- Build, strengthen, formalize, and track relationships with individuals and organizations with shared interests in order to sustain and expand agency capacity, as assigned.
- Staff Supervision
- Provide supervision to program leads and direct-service staff and manages processes to ensure staff meet productivity expectations, providing training, resources, coaching, and progressive discipline as needed.
- Acts as a liaison to funded contractors.
- Support the development and submission of grants and proposals in collaboration with the CSO and grant writing staff, including working with internal stakeholders on proposal concept, narrative writing, generating and gathering proposal attachments, proposal budget development, and proposal submission.
- Continuously improve the agency’s capacity by attending trainings, monitoring trade publications, and attending relevant events and sharing and using new information.
- Track and regularly report on key metrics within each function area.
- Leads and collaborates on special projects related to agency objectives.
Other duties as assigned by the Chief Strategy Officer.