The Metadata Specialist provides support, tracking, and scheduling for all digital assets for books and calendars, and coordinates the metadata database entry and metadata delivery processes to external partners. This position will work closely with editors and sales and marketing to provide consumer-facing content to support revenue growth.
For digital assets, this position will upload final cover images and high-quality representative interior images for books and calendars to Title Management, create and deliver materials to sales and marketing, create and deliver search-inside-the-book files for Amazon, manage the approval process for book and calendar covers, and purchase and download stock images for art directors.
For metadata, this position will work closely with editors and sales and marketing to manage the entry of metadata into Title Management, manage the internal review and approval of the metadata, and facilitate the timely delivery of the approved metadata to external partners.
- Upload final cover and sample interior images for books and calendars to Title Management.
- Create search-inside-the-book files and upload them to Title Management.
- Receive and fulfill frequent image requests from sales and marketing.
- Manipulate images for catalogs (eg, adding rounded corners to cover images, adding spirals to interior images, etc).
- Track, collect, and deliver all sales conference materials.
- Schedule and take minutes of weekly jacket review meetings.
- Purchase and download stock images for design team, maintaining records and invoice approvals.
- Responsible for managing, organizing, updating, distributing, editing, deleting, curating, archiving, and digitally filing the publishing groups digital assets.
- Work closely with editors to add metadata to Title Management after acquisition, including sales handles, descriptions, key selling points, key words, and other related metadata.
- In coordination with editors and sales and marketing, plan for and schedule quarterly launch meetings.
- Schedule, deliver, and track all internal metadata review in coordination with sales and marketing.
- Secure approvals from editors to release metadata to Simon and Schuster, Hardie Grant, and Flame Tree.
- Work with sales to schedule and deliver approved metadata to key partners on time.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to analyze content with an editorial and design eye
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to keep others on track to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Detail and process oriented; highly organized, flexible, and team oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Conscientious attitude and ability to self-start, prioritize, and work well independently
- Ability to build excellent working relationships and work as an effective, integral part of a team
- Photo-editing skills to crop and manipulate images (adding spirals or combining pages into spreads) and create 3D assets of publishing products for websites.