About World 50, Inc.
Founded in 2004, World 50 consists of private peer communities that enable CEOs and C-level executives at globally respected organizations to discover better ideas, share valuable experiences and build relationships that make a lasting impact. The busiest officer-level executives and their most promising future leaders trust World 50 to facilitate collaboration, conversation and counsel on the topics most crucial to leading, transforming and growing modern enterprises. Membership is by invitation only.
World 50 communities serve every significant enterprise leadership role. World 50 members reside in more than 27 countries on six continents and are leaders at companies that average more than $30 billion in revenue.
World 50 is a private company that serves no other purpose than to accelerate the success of its members and their organizations. It is composed of highly curious associates who consider it a privilege to help leaders stay ahead. World 50 headquarters are located in Atlanta, Georgia, but this opportunity can be performed from a remote location.Visit our Culture Page to learn more about working at World 50.
Are you a true team player? When you watched The Office, did you secretly think to yourself, “I could probably pull a better prank on Dwight than Jim could”? Do you relish a challenge? Live for the win? If you answered yes to any (or all) of the above, you might just be the person World 50 has been looking for to join our dynamic membership development team.
As a Membership Development Coordinator, you would be responsible for supporting current and future organizational outreach to boon sales of exclusive memberships. In order to do so, the perfect candidate would have strong research skills, a keen attention to detail, a passion for competition, as well as dedicated follow-through.
• Identify and target candidates for membership within World 50 peer groups through ongoing industry research, profiling tools and the latest press announcements
• Research member nominations to determine the best candidates for membership—taking into consideration competitive landscape, company size and reputation, global presence, and personal member contributions
• Support membership associates in generating leads
• Use Salesforce (among other platforms) to create and manage business accounts
• Manage additional special projects related to membership communities