Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Prospecting Officer to join the Development team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Prospecting Officer takes a data perspective as it relates to overall team portfolio management including how do we use data to streamline communications, grow the current donor base, and reactivating lapsed donors. This includes how data supports mid-level giving, major gifts and mega gifts channels and pipeline development.
This includes a great deal of interdepartmental collaboration. This role will work closely with the CDO to establish what information SUGM wants to learn about their donors including systems and processes to maintain, find and steward this information.
This role includes prospecting, research and the ability to advocate around data architecture and integration role for the Development team with other departments, specifically the Mission information technology and database teams.
Our Development team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Essential Job Duties:
- Create and maintain manual and automated system integration between Mission database systems. Specifically, around overlap between major donor relationships, volunteers and businesses.
- Individual portfolio research of top donors giving priority to mega level relationships. This could include prospect reports or other donor information.
- Setting up and manage an ongoing process to screen donors and volunteers.
- Support a monthly “handoff” meeting focused on pipeline development and prospecting.
- Support inter department data collaborations between Development, Volunteer Engagement and other Mission departments.
- Review portfolios within the development team. This could include assigning new names to portfolios, recommending future approaches for modifying portfolios, etc.
- Maintain an understanding of Mission programs as a means to facilitate donor development and increase giving.
- Provide guidance and advice on data best practice as it relates to fundraising.
- Any other job-related duties as directed by supervisor.