Experience, Competencies and Education
- Ability to implement and model excellent risk management practices and maintain a physically, socially and emotionally safe environment for our participants.
- Experience working with children ages 4-12, particularly in camps or formal or informal education settings.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion in education, and creating positive community work culture. We especially encourage you to apply if you have lived experience as a member of (or extensive experience working with people from) any communities that are impacted by the historic and current system of oppression that has limited access to environmental education, or the outdoors in general.
- Available for flexible eight-hour shifts Monday-Friday during camp weeks
- Willingness to be coached and openness to feedback.
- Capable of working as part of a collaborative team.
- Possess current CPR (Adult, Child and Infant) and First Aid certification or ability to get certified before the camp season begins.
Please submit your resume, 3 references, and, in lieu of a cover letter, respond to the short-answer application questions through our Online Career Portal.
NatureBridge is an equal opportunity employer. Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a high priority. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The position is open until filled. Hiring is contingent on a successful background check and fingerprinting.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to regularly stand; walk up to 7 miles on uneven terrain; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl; talk, hear, taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Founded in 1971, NatureBridge provides environmental science programs for students in the world’s best classrooms—our national parks. Our mission is to connect young people to the science and wonder of the natural world, igniting self-discovery and inspiring stewardship of the planet. As the largest residential education partner of the National Park Service, NatureBridge serves more than 30,000 students and their teachers each year and offers programs in four national parks: Yosemite National Park, Golden Gate National Recreation Area, Olympic National Park and Prince William Forest Park. In order to further our mission, NatureBridge is committed to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion and to promoting equal opportunity for students and staff in the field of environmental education. For more information, visit: naturebridge.org