QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED
- Vocational/Specialized training or certification in mechanical maintenance
- 3 years related experience; mechanical and electrical industrial experience in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of singe-phase and three-phase electric power systems
- Experience in installation and maintenance of pneumatics and hydraulics
- Proficient at oxy/acetylene torch cutting and electric arc welding
- Able to read and interpret technical documents (electrical schematics, structural schematics, blueprints & equipment manuals).
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must have flexibility to work any shift
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception to read instruments, operate material handling equipment and identify plant color code system. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.