Kirwan Surgical Products LLC, located in Marshfield MA, is a medical device manufacturer dedicated to creating and developing superior products for demanding microsurgical specialties such as neurosurgery, ophthalmology, ear, nose and throat, plastic and reconstructive surgery, and orthopaedic surgery.
A Forceps Assembler works in the manufacturing department and will be assembling/manufacturing surgical forceps and surgical pencils.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to adhere to company rules and regulations as defined in orientation training.
- Ability to manufacture all products currently manufactured in the forcep assembly department by Kirwan Surgical Products
- Ability to perform all machine, hand, and assembly operations that relate to and/or contribute to the manufacture of products manufactured at Kirwan Surgical Products.
- Ability to operate and adhere to safety requirements for equipment listed below.
- Ability to adequately follow systems procedures as defined in controlled copies filed in Instrument Production area.
- Ability to adequately follow Work Instructions and fill-out forms, as defined in controlled copies filed in Instrument Production area.
- Ability to be trained to ISO 13485; current revision quality standard.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent education
- Perform basic addition, multiplication, division, and subtraction, as dictated by daily work instructions.
- Ability to work harmoniously with fellow workers, or independently as needed.
- Ability to adhere to hygienic practices, sufficient enough to prevent contamination to products and fellow workers.
- Ability to follow direction, and accept supervision.
- Ability to safely and effectively operate belt grinder.
- Ability to safely and effectively operate buffers.
- Ability to safely and effectively operate spot welder.
- Ability to safely and effectively operate drill press.
- Ability to safely and effectively operate cutoff saw.
- Ability to safely and effectively operate dremal tools.
- Ability to safely and effectively operate sandblast machines.
- Ability to safely and effectively operate microscope.
- Ability to safely and effectively operate oxygen and acetylene torch.
- Individuals may need to sit or stand throughout shift.
- Reaching above shoulder height, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day.
- May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind, and that my employment is at-will.
This above job description is representative of the duties and responsibilities of the position but may not be inclusive of every aspect of the position. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
I have read and understand the duties, responsibilities and qualifications of this position and acknowledge that I can perform the essential functions of the job with or without an accommodation.