Job Purpose: Provide and maintain medical and humane care to wildlife undergoing rehabilitation under the state and federal permit.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide daily care to a variety of wildlife that may include medical procedures and medications.
- Drive transport vehicle to retrieve sick or injured animals as a needed.
- Maintain communication with volunteers and supervisor during pick up process.
- Maintain vehicle and equipment in good mechanical, sanitary and safe conditions.
- Prepare reports and receipts per standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Clean cages, kennels and offices as schedule requires.
- Provide friendly, responsive and personalized customer service.
- Keep accurate and updated records and enter data as required into appropriate shelter software.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Participate in required meetings and trainings.
- Professionally represent SPCA Tampa Bay at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.