POSITION TITLE: Quality Assurance Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Quality Assurance Department
REPORTS TO: Quality Assurance Supervisor
FLSA: 1.0 FTE, Exempt, Non-Union
COMPENSATION: $65,000.00 (non-licensed)/ $68,000.00 (licensed)
We are currently seeking one qualified candidate for the Quality Assurance Specialist position, one for each of these specialties: children/family services, adult services, and substance abuse services. The Quality Assurance Specialist is an Exempt position that reports to the Quality Assurance Director, and works closely with Program Directors.
The Quality Assurance Specialist supports the strategic goals of the Quality Assurance Department with a focus on documentation training and chart review for compliance with all required practices.
Endeavors to maintain a high level of staff performance and staff training in the following areas: client and service documentation, quality care, HIPAA, and contract compliance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides clinical documentation training and support on best practices in alignment with agency policy and procedures, laws, and other related regulations applicable to behavioral health practice in the organization.
- Provides feedback and training to staff regarding areas of challenge with regards to clinical documentation.
- Conducts Utilization Reviews, chart audits; ensures that revenue-generating activities are properly reported; provides Program Directors/Supervisors with recommendations to improve processes.
- Supports Quality Assurance Supervisor in enforcing and updating agency policies and procedures to ensure best practices and quality care.
- Supports Quality Assurance Supervisor in their capacity as the agency’s HIPAA Privacy Officer. May include revising HIPAA policies and/or providing staff training and consultation on HIPAA-related matters
- Conducts database training on best practices regarding documentation policies and procedures.
- Assists Program Supervisors/Directors with data collection and other activities related to reporting and program outcomes.
- Supports activities related to agency accreditation.
- Oversees client records system, including archiving and records requests processes.
- Effectively utilizes communications systems to coordinate with multiple stakeholders – e.g., clinicians, supervisors, other staff – to meet the aims of the Quality Assurance Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.