JOB SUMMARY: Clean, transport and store all pots and pans used in the food and beverage operations and maintain the pots and pans room in a clean and orderly manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Clean and sanitize all china, glassware, silverware, flatware, pots and pans in the hotel.
- Ensure restaurant and banquet kitchens have the requisite amounts of the above to properly open their shifts and that there are sufficient Queen Mary's and racks in which to place dirty dishes, silver, pots, and pans.
- Responsible for the proper sanitation and cleanliness of all kitchens and food preparation areas, including ovens, grills, stoves, hoods, fryers, preparation slicers, steam kettles, tables and floors.
- Follow all of the Safety and Sanitation Guidelines set forth by the CDC and GPR including but not limited to all of the COVID-19 State and County ordinances
- Must be available to work varied shifts including weekends and holidays
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Basic knowledge of banquet set-up.
Licenses or Certificates
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Sheraton Carlsbads standards.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance / tardies will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa rules and regulations, non-compliance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
I have carefully read and understand the contents of this job description. I understand the responsibilities, requirements and duties expected of me. I understand that this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Grand Pacific Hotel Services, L.P. reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as directed by the Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa. I understand that I may be required to work overtime, different shifts or hours outside the normally defined workday or workweek.
I also understand that this job description does not constitute a contract of employment nor alter my status as an at-will associate. I have the right to terminate my employment at any time, with or without cause and with or without advance notice, and Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa has a similar right. Nothing in this Handbook will limit the right to terminate at-will employment. No manager, supervisor or other associate of the Company has any authority to enter into an agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make an agreement for employment other than at-will terms. Only the Co-Presidents of the Company have the authority to make any such agreement which must be in writing.