We are seeking a line cook to manage all aspects of the food production for the outlets at the Westin and Sheraton Resort and Spa and The Cove, including food preparation according to the description.
- Adhere to sanitation practices.
- Prepare food items for customers using a quality predetermined method in a timely and consistent manner.
- Set up station with predetermined mise en place required to service the restaurant.
- Practice sanitation and safety daily to ensure the total customer satisfaction.
- Consult with Executive Sous Chef on a daily basis as well as with other departments that are directly related to the Food & Beverage Department.
- Participate, support and make recommendations for ongoing resort programs with continuous improvement in networking.
- Follow all of the Safety and Sanitation Guidelines set forth by the CDC and GPR including but not limited to all of the COVID-19 State and County ordinances
- Must be able to work flexible schedules including weekends and holidays
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Ability to read recipes and follow their instructions.
- Valid Food Handlers Card or the ability to obtain prior to hire
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- 1-2 years prior cooking experience in a restaurant of similar size and quality.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance / tardies will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa rules and regulations, non-compliance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
This job opportunity for employment is being made available by Grand Pacific Hotel Services, L.P., the owner and the employer of all associates working at Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa. Marriott International is not the owner or operator of Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa. Marriott International is not the direct or indirect employer or joint employer of any associates working at Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa. Marriott International does not control, govern or regulate any aspect of recruitment or employment at Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa. Marriott International is not responsible for any aspect of your application, candidacy, or employment at the resort, nor shall Marriott International be liable for the data collection, use and privacy practices of the Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spas owner or operator.
I have carefully read and understand the contents of this job description. I understand the responsibilities, requirements and duties expected of me. I understand that this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Grand Pacific Hotel Services, L.P. reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as directed by the Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa. I understand that I may be required to work overtime, different shifts or hours outside the normally defined workday or workweek.
I also understand that this job description does not constitute a contract of employment nor alter my status as an at-will associate. I have the right to terminate my employment at any time, with or without cause and with or without advance notice, and Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa has a similar right. Nothing in this Handbook will limit the right to terminate at-will employment. No manager, supervisor or other associate of the Company has any authority to enter into an agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make an agreement for employment other than at-will terms. Only the Co-Presidents of the Company have the authority to make any such agreement which must be in writing.