The Network Solutions Architect will perform both pre-sales and delivery activities. She/he will work closely with Sales, Engineering Delivery, Project Management, customers and potential customers to manage the design, configuration and implementation of complex network architectures across High Touch Technologies customer base. The role will provide a wide breadth of networking coverage across several networking disciplines as well as oversight and support on active network projects being executed by Network Engineers. The Network Solutions Architect will interact frequently and maintain collaborative partnership High Touch Technology customers to ensure projects satisfy customer needs and are implemented in an efficient manner. She/he will also work collaboratively with High Touch Technologies vendors to keep current on existing and upcoming technologies and solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities: Items listed below describe the day to day activities that this role will be responsible for executing.
- Work with Account Executives, Engineers and other Solutions Architects on uncovering and defining customer network opportunities
- Attend client opportunity meetings and provide technical input and project scoping coverage
- Total technical design ownership on customer opportunities including:
- Understanding project scope through conversation with customer
- Network architecture design
- Bill of Materials, project proposal and Statement of Work creation and maintaining
- Engineering resource engagement for pre-sales and other scoping needs
- Vendor engagement coordination, if needed
- Independently implement various sized networking projects in complex customer environments
- Successfully execute network portion of multi-discipline customer projects by working with Network and System Engineers
- Create and review best practice documentation for High Touch networking standards
- Accurate and thorough time entry in ConnectWise project and ticket system, in a timely manner
- Provide project review for other network projects throughout High Touch
- Partake in vendor training classes to maintain needed certification levels
- Involvement in new technology and solution section across the organization
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Technical Coverage: A successful Network Solutions Architect will have expert knowledge in 50% of the coverage listed below, but will have good general coverage of most.
Industry Protocols and Technologies:
- Route / Switch
- OSPF, RIP, EIGRP and BGP
- Static, Dynamic and Policy-Based Routing
- Spanning Tree standards including RSTP, MSTP, PVST and PVST+
- WAN Technologies such as MPLS, Metro-E, VPLS, Point to Point and SD-WAN
- Router Redundancy Protocols such as HSRP, VRRP, and GLBP
- Security Focused
- NGFW topics such as DPI, application-level inspection and UTM
- Intrusion Prevention and Detection Systems
- Web filtering and Secure Web Gateway technologies
- Network Access Control
- VPN Solutions including Site to Site, IPSEC and SSL
- Cloud, Controller-based and Non-Controller-based wireless systems
- Expertise with wireless tools such as iBwave, Ekahau, and AirMagnet
- WEP/WPA/WPA2 Enterprise
- 802.1x in wired and wireless solutions
- Mesh wireless design and deployment
- IoT and beacon-based technologies
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Office environment with regular use of technology including phone and computer.
- Ability to travel to customer sites by both land and air.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Minimum of 8 years experience preferred
- Associates or Bachelor degree preferred