The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive knowledge of REST APIs
- Extensive experience with Git (GitHub or GitLab)
- Extensive experience with Vue.js
- Working knowledge with Sass, Backbone (Marionette), npm, gulp
- Extensive experience with browser-based debugging
- Extensive UX design experience
- Working knowledge of open-source content and learning management systems such as Joomla, WordPress, Moodle, etc.
- Working experience with PHP 7, MySQL is a plus
- Bachelor degree in computer science, or an analytical discipline, or equivalent
Interpersonal Skills Required:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including: a strong commitment to deadlines, the ability to collaborate closely with teammates, the skill to interpret and implement requirements, and proficiency in articulating and troubleshooting technical issues, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work well under pressure and communicate effectively when dealing with employees, managers, technical problems, or complex situations
- Ability to develop and foster trust amongst team members, by being accountable to other team members, and trusting that each person knows how to do their work
- Work with minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment
- Ability to work independently but also able to communicate cross-functionally to seek out information when required
- Clear and concise written communication
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Will work remotely
- Must have a reliable ISP connection with any US service provider
- Must have reliable cellular telephone service
- Must work during set days and hours
- Must participate in virtual meetings via webcam
Candidates will send a link to a portfolio of their work and code as proof of their experience and abilities. In order to advance in the screening process, it is required that salary expectations are provided when applying for this position.
This is a remote position with set work days and hours, Mon-Fri from 8am to 5pm ET, with occasional on-site work required at WHRO Public Medias Norfolk office location. Virtual daily stand-ups, and weekly team meetings are mandatory.
WHRO requires that employees working onsite maintain a COVID-19 fully vaccinated status and will be required to provide a copy of their immunization card or certification statement to WHRO’s Human Resources Department.