Brady has brought together some of the best minds in building service technology, engineering, installation, and customer service - and we're looking for more.
As a leading Trane® independent office, we sell, service, repair, and maintain HVAC equipment for our mission-critical customers. Our team brings efficient, reliable, and secure building solutions throughout central and eastern North Carolina.
What's it like to work here? Each day brings fresh challenges that call for both knowledge and imagination. You're surrounded by people who enjoy working as a team to solve problems. At the end of the day, you know you've helped people stay comfortable and productive. You've helped companies head off issues and operate more efficiently. Plus it's a good feeling knowing your talents are appreciated and rewarded.
SUMMARY: The Mechanical Designer will visit job sites, view equipment submittals and take measurements, and generate drawings from those measurements in order to fabricate piping and HVAC systems. This position interacts with other departments and customers regularly to ensure that accurate design concepts and estimations are presented and understood.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares detailed installation drawings of ductwork, piping systems and electrical components.
- Travels to the job site to perform point cloud scans of the existing equipment and mechanical rooms.
- Must have a working knowledge of HVAC equipment, steam, condensate, hot water, condenser water, and chilled water systems, air distribution, fire dampers, ventilation fans, insulation, controls, wiring, conduit, test and balance.
- Maintains quality standards by visiting job sites and meeting with customers and other vendors as needed.
- Understands industry changes and responds to alternative strategies to maintain competitive advantages in our marketplace.
- Respond to customer inquiries, complaints and special requests.
- Review plans and provide support to field personnel.
- Interacts with the estimating department as required to provide effective solutions to problems. Also may be required to visit job sites and provide accurate design information for the estimating department to price.
- Organize and catalog the retrofit engineering drawings for future use.
- Demonstrate and promote a spirit of cooperation and teamwork throughout the Company
- Continually look for ways to improve our processes and ability to serve our customers effectively
- Improve personal performance on a continual basis
- Provide responsive, professional and diplomatic customer service
- Answer customer calls and correspondence quickly and pleasantly
- Communicate with customers in a friendly, professional, and patient manner
- Perform all duties with the goal of building and maintaining long-term customer relationships
- Immediately address any customer’s concern and requests the involvement of other Company personnel as required
- Follow all company safety programs and report any non-compliance to your Team Leader
- Notify Team Leader or Safety Manager of any unsafe conditions
- Proper PPE equipment must be used at all times when necessary
- Report all accidents and injuries to your Team Leader and HR immediately
- All monthly training topics on safety completed and done during the month due
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associates Degree in Mechanical Drafting from an accredited program or three to five years of experience in HVAC industry. Demonstrated understanding of controls, HVAC equipment, contract administration, and HVAC systems.
COMPUTER SKILLS: MS Office, AutoCAD
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid driver's license
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, policies, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from top management, customers, and service personnel.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to walk and use hands to operate computer keyboard, mouse and telephone keyboard. The associate is occasionally required to stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position works in a typical office environment with frequent visits to job sites, which include outdoor work and work in mechanical/equipment rooms. During the job site visits, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Ability to pass drug screening
- Ability to prove US employment eligibility
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision, Life & AD&D insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, 401(k) / profit sharing, and Paid Time Off.