Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Graduate Programs Manager to join the Women and Children's Ministries team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Graduate Programs Manager supports the ministries of the Women and Children’s Ministries Program by providing high quality Biblical teaching, spiritual leadership, ministry/job training placement, supervision, records management, and development and oversight for program women in the WCM Graduate Programs.
Our Women and Children's Ministries team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Essential Job Duties
- Oversee a 4 quarter Biblical Studies curriculum and program for women in the WCM Graduate Internship Program, intentionally creating an atmosphere of spiritual growth and accountability.
- Oversee a 6-12 month program for women in the Career/Education Program that will serve to support recovery program graduates in GED completion and long term employment goals.
- Recruit and supervise high impact volunteers for all graduate program classes and training events
- Plan annual spiritual retreats and events centered around spiritual formation and discipleship
- Serve as a liaison with mission departments, churches and organizations in the development and supervision of internship and job training opportunities for graduate program women.
- Meet weekly with the assigned graduate program women for supervision, case management, mentoring, professional and spiritual development.
- Facilitate support groups and conduct regular Bible studies
- Conduct intake interviews with prospective applicants for the graduate program.
- Develop and maintain professional-quality case-management files for assigned graduate program women as outlined in the WCM guidelines.
- Oversee the maintenance of graduate program communal space based on program and building guidelines
- Maintain Aftercare Program, which includes, monthly aftercare phone calls to program alumni and planning aftercare events.
- Manage annual program budget
- Meet weekly with WCM Assistant Director to discuss status of assigned women and any pertinent program information.
- Record, report, and maintain required records and statistical information for all graduate programs
- Maintain an atmosphere within the graduate program that will be grace based, conducive to safety, dignity, and program success.
- Use independent judgment regarding program resident discipline, including exiting based on program guidelines and management policies.
- Perform periodic drug screening of graduate program women as necessary.
- Maintain a positive, pleasant, professional Christian attitude
- Work with co-workers to forge and model transparent and supportive Christian relationships which will serve as a leadership example for recovery program women.
- Assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization; interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and trainings, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.