FPOSITION TITLE: SUD Navigator- Women’s Program
DEPARTMENT: Recovery and Wellness- Contra Costa
REPORTS TO: Contra Costa Program Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: 1.0 FTE, Non-Exempt, Union Position
COMPENSATION: Non- Certified $21.89/hour or $22.51/hour (Bilingual
Differential) Certified $24.38/hour or $25.00 (Bilingual
We have an exciting full-time opportunity for a well-qualified Substance Use Navigator in the Contra Costa Youth Program. This program provides outreach and substance use counseling services to adolescents in the Richmond and Concord areas of Contra Costa County.
Contra Costa Women’s Program is an adult substance use and addiction treatment program that conducts outreach to the local area to inform other service providers, courts, social service organizations, and community members about the availability of these services, with a focus on services for individuals who are Spanish-speaking and/or Latinx; the program also provides intake and assessment, individual, group and family counseling, information and referrals, to women are over 18 and pregnant and/or parenting. The goal of the program is to reduce the likelihood of alcoholism and drug abuse by adult women who are pregnant and parenting and to assist them in becoming an established and integral part of the community both through direct service and increasing awareness of the available support among key community members and organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Locate, identify and initiate the engagement process for individuals eligible for services by frequenting locations throughout Contra Costa County with a focus on the Richmond and Concord areas;
- Establish working partnerships with stakeholders and referral organizations including social services, CalWorks, drug court, probation, behavioral health agencies, and similar;
- Maintain positive agency relations with other service providers to provide enhanced services for pregnant and parenting women;
- Accurately and thoroughly represent the importance and value of substance use services for women (pregnant and parenting), and specifically the services offered within this program.
- Direct Substance Use Treatment
- Conduct initial intake and assessments;
- Formulate treatment recovery plans for program participants;
- Conduct individual, group, and collateral counseling sessions;
- Develop and implement educational activities for women and their children;
- Maintain all client program files;
- Develop community resources for clients and family members;
- Maintain and submit all program documentation and reports in Contra Costa County Electronic Health Record System
- Provide assessment and appropriate referrals to clients for educational, training, and other supportive services as needed;
- Represent clients and intervene on their behalf with probation officers, social workers, attorneys, etc.
- Team Participation
- Participate in all Recovery and Wellness Department activities, meetings, events, etc.;
- Participate in case management sessions with Program Supervisor as needed;
- Plan and implement social and recreational activities for program participants;
- Attend trainings as required/scheduled by Recovery and Wellness Department;
- Attend and collaborate meetings with other co-staff and agencies;
- Develop and complete compliance reports or performance reports as assigned;
- Perform other duties as assigned.