Reporting directly to Director, Consumer Insights, the Consumer Insights Manager will be responsible for the planning and execution of all phases of market research process for the regions in our North American market. The ideal candidate will be driven, passionate, impactful, and excited to join our growing team.
- Manage the planning and execution of all phases of market research process, including project scoping and design, method selection, questionnaire/discussion guide development, target sample definition, programming and testing surveys, field and quota management, and quantitative/qualitative analysis.
- Oversee multiple internal and external vendors across North America and Europe (coordinate project bids, discover new vendors for nontraditional methodologies, recommend matrix of partners, manage projects flawlessly from end to end).
- Develop insightful takeaways by leveraging multiple disparate sources including primary, secondary, syndicated, industry, social, internal and external dashboards.
- Maintain and distill information from library of third-party industry reports and subscriptions.
- Be the key advocate for gamers around the world. Partner in championing the consumer voice internally across key game development milestones and campaign beats.
- Support analysis and creation of all reports, doing deep data mining where required.
- Continually improve how we connect with and understand key audiences.
- And other duties as required.
Knowledge and Experience
- 5+ years experience in market research (client or agency-side).
- Bachelors degree in marketing, psychology, social sciences, statistics or related field. MBA a plus.
- Solid understanding of research frameworks and requirements for a wide range of methodologies.
- Comfort with digital as well as traditional research methods.
- Experience working in video games, interactive entertainment, branding, strategy consulting, or related fields.
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
- Top-notch Excel/PowerPoint/Word skills.
- Hands-on experience with statistical and analytics tools [SPSS/RStudio/ Tableau/Google Analytics/NetBase] a plus.
- Excellent writing, presenting, and data visualization skills.
- Superior attention to detail and a passion for precision.
- Flexibility and willingness to work across time zones of global clients as needed.
- Possess exceptional problem solving and analytics skills.
- Excellence in communication and cross-functional team management skills.
- Self-starter, very detail oriented with the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, work independently, and maintain highly confidential information.
You Will Love This Role If You
- Enjoy video games. You dont have to have reached the top-level cap of Final Fantasy XIV, but you do need to enjoy finding out the why behind the what gamers play.
- Are curious, analytical, inquisitive, and naturally fascinated by people: how they shop, who they follow, how games fit into their life.
- Do not shy away from asking the hard questions. You know how to respectfully challenge the status quo and dig deep for information.
- Are highly analytical. You are capable of telling stories with numbers and making the complex simple.
- Embrace collaboration and excel at developing strong working cross-functional partnerships. You love working with teams to answer challenging questions.