Scientific Protein Laboratories is a biopharmaceutical leader in the development and manufacturing of cGMP-compliant products including pancreatic enzymes and heparin. Lately, SPL has embarked in a new direction of expanding and diversifying its product portfolio and pipeline by actively investing in new technologies and products including both external partnerships and internal development efforts. We have an immediate opening in Waunakee, WI (Madison area) for a Project Specialist to join our growing team.
The Project Specialist is responsible for supporting existing product development projects in a manufacturing environment. This position is responsible for end-to-end administration of multiple project timelines, as well as follow-up monitoring of project status. The Project Specialist will participate in meetings and project teams on all project related activities. This role also supports document control processes and will provide traceability and accountability through control and release of documents as required by corporate and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP). The Project Specialist may also support other activities as needed, e.g., corporate projects, corporate development activities.
- Establish project timeline and coordinate with appropriate personnel/group in achieving all key project deliverables and milestones.
- Communicate and coordinate action items, projects schedules, resources, equipment
- Track project resources and timelines to ensure commitments are met
- Ensure the project achieves all targeted objectives including budget, schedule and resources.
- Anticipate, understand, execute and manage changes required in a product development environment
- Make reliable inferences based upon workplace systems
- Participate in project team meetings to evaluate the area of risk management, including the assessment, communication, and mitigation of risks associated with the fulfillment of project commitments and expectations.
- Establish and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with all functional groups
- Organize regular (at least on a quarterly basis) project review meetings to ensure projects are on track, and also to address any related project management issues. Provide periodic reports on status, schedule progress and performance of the project to appropriate management.
- Ensure project completion and closeouts are captured and documented in an appropriate electronic document system (e.g. project manager) such that they are easily transferable for presentation.
- Be accountable for the preparation and maintenance of project lists and management dashboards.