About St. Mark’s
Founded in 1906, St. Mark's School of Texas is a non-sectarian, college-preparatory, independent day school for boys in grades one through twelve. The School’s charter states that it is “designed to afford its students well-rounded physical, intellectual, moral, and religious training and instruction.” The School is intended to be a diverse community of teachers and students who share a love of learning and who strive for high achievement in whatever they undertake.
St. Mark’s aims to prepare young men to assume leadership and responsibility in a competitive and changing world. To this end, the School professes and upholds certain values. These values include the discipline of postponing immediate gratification in the interests of earning eventual, hard-won satisfaction; the responsibility of defending one’s own ideas, of respecting the views of others, and of accepting the consequences for one’s own actions; and an appreciation for the lively connection between knowledge and responsibility and the obligation to serve.
The Project Manager will assist the Director of Physical Plant with developing and managing multiple campus projects from initiation to completion. The individual will eventually be responsible for leading small to medium teams to deliver customer-facing project(s) and assist the Director of Physical Plant in organizing ongoing projects. Responsibilities will include managing resources, schedules, budgets and adhering to quality and process control guidelines. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. The successful candidate will be highly organized, dedicated, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Help develop concrete, detailed plans for a project, including the schedule, the budget, outlining the duties of each team member, identifying project goals, and setting a timeline for the project
- Collaborate with internal departments including Facilities, AV, IT, Network, Space Planning and key stakeholders on projects
- Closely monitors each project he/she manages to ensure that projects remain on track, meet deadlines, stay under budget, and develop according to plan
- Help develop a detailed scope of work documents and RFP’s for Facilities and capital projects (architectural, construction, furniture, etc.)
- Responsible not only for identifying project objectives yet ensuring that they’re met
- Gathering, validating and documenting business requirements
- Monitoring and summarizing progress of project(s) and preparing status reports
- Once a project is complete, in conjunction with the Physical Plant management, is responsible for gathering and documenting all project results
- Maintain an internal database of project goals and progress
- Analyze project finances to reconcile variances in project budgets and vendor purchase orders
- Maintain current and accurate historical records and plans
- Assist with establishing standards, benchmarks and processes to streamline current and future projects
- Frequently communicates with campus community, visitors, contractors
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned