The Manager of Tissue Recovery will assist the Director of Tissue Recovery with the 24-hour operation of the tissue recovery staff (coordinators and technicians) to ensure a safe, quality, and sufficient supply of tissue products to LifeShare partners. This includes but is not limited to recruiting, training, quality outcomes, continuing education and administrative duties. This role will involve assisting with the duties of the Tissue Recovery department.
What we are looking for:
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience required; Bachelor of Science degree preferred. Experience as a Registered Nurse, Paramedic, Surgical Technician, or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of two years of tissue recovery experience required. Certified as a Certified Tissue Banking Specialist (CTBS) through the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB) required.
- Previous experience with sterile technique and surgical procedures and knowledge of human anatomy and tissue banking required.
- A minimum of 3 years OPO experience required with demonstrated knowledge in LifeShare policies and procedures as well as FDA and AATB regulations that govern tissue recovery.
- Capability to work a minimum of 40 hours per week and participate in 24-hour call. May be required to work for extended periods of time with few breaks.
- The ability to work effectively with a variety of medical professionals, including hospitals, OPO’s, coroners, medical examiners, and funeral homes.
- Excellent organization and time management skills; ability to function independently and collaboratively; good problem solving and creative thinking skills; well-developed personal stress management skills.
- This position requires a high degree of autonomy, including self-scheduling of work time and activities, developing program policies and objectives, providing written reports, and evaluating the quality of recovery techniques.
- Strong interpersonal and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team required.
- Proven ability to handle highly stressful situations in a calm and efficient manner.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to identify compliance issues is required.