Vectorform is known as a dynamic and creative company specializing in the creation of emerging digital experiences for the world's leading brands. As a team of designers, engineers, entrepreneurs, and intellectuals, Vectorform's mission is to invent products, services, and processes that result in meaningful and exceptional human experiences.
Represent Vectorform as a member of a larger, multi-vendor project team at Vectorform Client. Will need to coordinate development work to be done by Vectorform web developers and understand how Vectorform's work interacts/integrates with the development work of other vendors at Vectorform-Client. This is key to being able to schedule sprints and ensure that Vectorform's work is in line with the deliverables from and to other Vendor's development areas/initiatives. Having a technical background/knowledge of how these work in concert is needed to effectively manage Vectorform's workstream and set expectations for Vectorform Client and other vendors.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Ensure projects are completed on time, on budget, within scope, and of the highest overall quality
- Ensure project documentation is completed, current, shared, and stored appropriately
- Review, inform, and sign-off on contracts or agreements to ensure they have the best interest of all parties and are achievable within the restraints provided
- Provide project plans with the ability to create a project plan in MS Project or MS Excel and remove blockers to allow the team to work efficiently on their tasks
- Maintain high morale across team members (Internal/External)
- Manage client and team expectations throughout the project
- Identify and forecast company and project risks to avoid 'Firedrills' and potential disasters before they happen
- Improve the profitability of projects through process improvement and process management with the project and project team
- Provide visibility and improve collaboration for project teams and client stakeholders
- Report project information to executive team members to help ensure company goals, resources, and efforts are correctly aligned.
- Make and/or inform decisions on the project that keeps everyone's best interest in mind
- Identify and coordinate teams and skillsets to best complete a project
- Manage the processes and tools used by the teams to complete their tasks
Project Manager Profile and Primary Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to analyze business opportunities and problems, and develop project proposal justifications which include proposed solutions, strategic rationale and cost/benefit analyses, success measures, broad implications, milestones, critical success factors, initial risk assessments, and alternatives considered
- Oversee development of developer-ready business requirements by focusing on defined scope and reinforcing customer perspective while defining how the project will be managed and establish overarching project management plan
- Create various documents such as resource plans, project schedules, work breakdown structures, release/iteration plans, communication plans, risk management plans, issues logs, and action and decision logs
- Manage project plans to scope, identifying and implementing corrective action plans to meet scope, time, and cost constraints
- Maintain project org charts and provide calendar support, scheduling managing logistics of meetings, prepare and distribute minutes, follows up on any next steps to assure completion
- Lead project teams through all the project phases and guide team in prioritizing work based upon knowledge of customer requirements, project schedule, and various dependencies.
- Communicate regularly with PMO on the processes to ensure decision-making and delivery management activities are focused on achieving project goals, addressing risks, and fulfilling stakeholder requirements
- Communicate regularly with the client on project milestones, plans, status, and progress, adjusts project plans and/or resources per discussions with the client
- Assist with the development and support of local Project Management Office policies, procedures, and best practices
- Lead multiple projects of varying complexity concurrently, which can include remote team members
- Demonstrates mastery in detecting and mitigating risks, as well as implementing appropriate risk mitigation strategies, effectively use a big picture viewpoint to identify and negotiate adjustments to allocation of work across different releases and/or phases, and remove barriers
- Oversee quality review process. Facilitates and contributes to lessons learned reviews with project teams. Recommends and/or implements process improvements based on findings.