Jamestown Family Health Clinic is accepting applications for full-time, part-time, and on-call Physician Assistants! This position provides comprehensive medical services to all patients regardless of age or sex, on a continuing basis. PA-C services will include chronic disease management, diagnosis and treatment of acute illness and injury, preventive medicine, and related patient education and counseling. Our top candidate will bring three (3) years of experience as a Physician Assistant.
JFHC provides primary medical services to Tribal citizens and non-tribal community members seeking quality healthcare. We are organized to offer a team-based approach; providing comprehensive, high-quality health care for our patients and our patients families.
Jamestown S’Klallam Tribe has implemented COVID-19 safety measures to ensure the health and well-being of our employees, patients, Tribe, and vulnerable citizens of our community, which includes required masking regardless of vaccination status. All Medical and Dental Clinic staff are required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination prior to starting their first day of employment.
Why work for Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe?
As a committed and collaborative partner in our community for over four decades, the Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe (JST) has continued to grow the areas of economic development, healthcare, natural resources, hospitality, cultural preservation, and the arts. Through our Resort Enterprises and Tribal Government, we are now the second largest employer in Clallam County, and provide a wide range of employment opportunities to our Tribal Citizens and community.
Our employees are like extended family, and we believe in providing employee benefit programs and incentives that cultivate a positive and enriching work environment, and healthy lifestyle. We hope that each of our employees continue to honor our commitment to our community and to treat our patients and co-workers like family as well.
All Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe employees enjoy 7 Cedars Resort and local discounts including food, retail items, gym memberships, cell phone plans, fuel, golf, as well as retirement benefits, employee assistant program access, and more! Benefited employees also receive employer paid medical/dental/vision coverage, paid time off, and wellness reimbursements.
If you would like to become a part of our team, check out this position's job details below, and apply today! Make sure to include current email and phone contacts for all provided professional and personal references in your application.
As a PA-C, you will:
- Assess patient health by interviewing patients, performing physical examinations, obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Determine abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies, and interpret test results and develop related treatment plans based on results.
- Perform therapeutic procedures, manages lacerations, wounds, infections, suspicious lesions or other related ambulatory injuries.
- Arrange referrals, consultations, and therapeutic services, and confer with other physicians and specialists regarding diagnosis and treatment plans, including situations where other physicians may need information emergently.
- Instruct and counsel patients regarding their therapeutic regimens, give anticipatory guidance of normal growth and development, discuss family planning, provide counseling on emotional problems of daily living, and promote wellness and prevention.
- Maintain a safety conscious, clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations. Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- In accordance with clinic policy, participate in quality improvement and measurement efforts of patient care in coordination with other facilities, professional associations and JFHC.
- Engage in medical education activities as needed in support of the JFHC’s mission, which may include quality assurance, utilization review, and risk management programs.
- Assist in developing health care team staff by providing leadership while modeling appropriate professional conduct.
- Adhere to the Active Privileges with Olympic Medical Center, which will include managing short-stay orders for primary care patients.
- Participate in after-hours and weekend on-call rotation (phone call plus Saturday clinic). Example: after hours on call, one weekday each month; weekend on call, one per quarter.
- Properly document all patient care and clinical decision making.
- Assist with billing for all services as required.
- Participate as required in program development; attend annual training(s) when required.
- Provide and promote health and wellness initiatives and maintenance for JFHC patients
- Promote Jamestown S’Klallam Tribe (JST) and JFHC at social and civic functions as needed.
- Under the direction of JFHC, participate in the development and review of JFHC policies, procedures, and protocols to ensure quality assurance objectives.
- Adhere and work within the scope of the license, standards of care, and JFHC protocols.
- Adhere to all JST policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, and work practices as described in the Occupational Exposure Control Plan and HIPAA
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
What are the Required Qualifications for this position?
- Graduate of a Physician Assistant program accepted by the State of Washington for licensing.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification for Physician Assistants (NCCPA)Unrestricted license to practice within WA State
- Current DEA certificate without restriction
- ACLS may be required
- Enroll and maintain eligibility as a Physician Assistant in the Federal Medicare program and the Washington State Medicaid program
- Demonstrate clinical competence in the provision of patient care, pain management, and medication administration
- Demonstrates knowledge of physiology
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to maintain a safe work environment, including infection control and environmental safety
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Effective time management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including effective verbal and written communication
- Basic computer knowledge with proficiency in electronic medical records program(s), and Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel locally and regionally as assigned
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
What are the Preferred Qualifications for this position?
- Three (3) years of experience as a Physician Assistant
- Experience and knowledge of EPIC
- American Indian/Alaska Native preferences apply.