Knowledge, Skill, and Experience Requirements:
- Masters Degree in Social Work/Social Welfare (MSW) required.
- 3+ years experience in a mental health, social services, collaborative court or community services organization.
- Experience working with clients who are young adults (18 to 25 years old), justice impacted population, court diversion and/or collaborative court programs. Must understand developmental stages with a focus on young adults.
- Ability to build rapport with clients to work collaboratively towards identifying their care plan and program goals and using referral resources provided in Orange County targeting young adults.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team, offering guidance to the team on how to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
- Understanding of the complexity of working within a multi reporting structure (Orangewood Foundation, University of California, Irvine, YAC program staff YAC, YAC Court).
- Knowledge of an array of services and support to offer participant(s), including linkage and referral to physical health care, transportation, housing, employment and/or social services.
- Makes sound and timely decisions under pressure.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be comfortable speaking and presenting in public and in Court proceedings.
- Reliable transportation, valid California Drivers License and proof of insurance.
- Maintain a flexible schedule in order to be available as needed by the Program.
- Have the ability to complete a background check, including FBI/DOJ fingerprinting, TB test, and drug test. Professional experience will be confirmed. Lived Experience with the criminal Justice system considered.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Outlook and develop presentations using Power Point or other applications.
- Flexibility with a value for team work and ability to be a positive role model to both youth and the Team.
- Ability to multi-task with the capacity to learn quickly and integrate efficiently.
- Understanding of and passion for Orangewood Foundations mission, vision, and values.
- Demonstrates Orangewood Foundations operating principles of communication and teamwork.
- Displays Orangewood Foundations essential attitudes by approaching projects, activities and other job functions with flexibility and a positive attitude.
- Must be a team player.
Working Environment/Physical Requirements: Position may require use of personal vehicle. Physical requirements include standing, sitting, typing, bending and lifting up to approximately 50 lbs. (i.e. tables, chairs, food, water, etc.)
Modification to work schedule may be made based on need of the Foundation.
Orangewood Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other protected group, in accordance with all applicable federal or State laws.