SUMMARY: The Process Control Engineer is responsible for control system configuration, control system monitoring, HMI development, and functional implementation and start-up of control strategies in a world-class Linerboard facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement automation control strategies that resolve process problems, improve product quality, reduce downtime, and lower costs.
- Create system documentation that could include control schematics, operational narratives, loop sheets, software backups, and troubleshooting files.
- Serve as system technical support for maintenance and operations personnel in control-related problems.
- Help direct activities of maintenance, operations, or contract personnel as necessary for implementation of projects
- Varied, depending upon level of experience and demonstrated capabilities.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- B.S. in Electrical or Chemical engineering
- Five (5) or more years experience in a related position with two (2) years in a process industry.
- Proven experience with ABB 800xA, Honeywell TDC 3000
- Proven experience with Allen Bradley, GE, or Siemens family of PLCs preferred.
- Experience with all phases of automation project implementation.
- Functional knowledge of PC-related issues, including Windows operating systems, disaster recovery, networking, OSISofts PI, GEs Plant applications, SQL Server, VMWare
- Technical knowledge of various communication methods such as OPC, Modbus RTU, TCP/IP, and Serial.
- Functional experience with all components of an instrument-based control loop.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to work collaboratively across multiple functions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think outside the box
- Demonstrated ability to balance priorities that meet short and long-term objectives; uses organized and efficient work methods.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and continue to develop knowledge and skills.