LJA Mission Statement:
The mission of Lake Junaluska is to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind and body.
Located in the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina, Lake Junaluska is a conference and retreat center that hosts over 50,000 overnight guests annually. We have over 400 lodging rooms, a campground, and meeting space for up to 2,000 people. All of our facilities are located on a scenic 1,200 acre campus which boasts panoramic views, abundant recreation opportunities, and a 200 acre lake. Our market ranges from youth groups to affluent leisure guests primarily from the Southeastern US.
- Must possess excellent hospitality skills and a strong desire to foster an attitude of Christian hospitality to “exceed guest expectations”.
- Maintain personal professional appearances. Maintain and wear clean, pressed uniforms.
- Routinely monitor work area and surrounding lobby area to maintain a professional, clean, inviting space.
- Assist walk in and/or phone guest with specific needs in a timely accurate manner.
- Regularly enters reservations into hotel hospitability system, confirms reservations, and process requests by conference/group leadership as required.
- Provide assistance to all guests who are registered and/or registering at the hotel, on-line or by phone.
- Regularly enters and updates rooming lists, posts and tracks deposits, and registrations for conferences/groups.
- Regularly maintain and monitor guest accounts, handle all system functions concerning hotel guests and conferences, guest billing and other related business for accurate accounting. Consistent and accurate communication with Billing Clerk required.
- Answer switchboard calls timely, and transfer to appropriate areas upon request.
- Assist guest with purchases of event tickets, or partnered vendor admission tickets.
- Provide guests with information as it relates to events and programs hosted at LJA, or any other inquiries.
- Processing cash or credit card transactions daily
- Act as a liaison between guests and other departments to fulfill the needs of the guest, timely and efficiently.
- Must be honest, reliable and prompt in assisting guest through daily contact.
- Comply will all safety policies, practices and procedures and report any unsafe activities or conditions immediately to supervisor.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned and required.