This position oversees all aspects of most book reprints, a small number of book and calendar first printings, and specific tasks to support other department personnel.
- Obtain quotes from incumbent printers, and occasionally competitive quotes for potential reassignment, for book reprints. Discuss reassignment of book reprints with Production Managers and/or VP Production.
- Coordinate all steps (ordering through delivery) of most book reprints. Steps include preparing FileMaker reprint cost form for weekly inventory meeting, obtaining/confirming bound book/ex-factory date, write and send purchase order (PO) to printer, entering PO in CISPUB inventory management system, creating Cost Sheet record and entering print budget, and auditing/approving associated manufacturing/shipping invoices.
- Follow up as needed with Production Editor on reprint changes/corrections, forward to printer, and approve confirming proofs.
- Follow up with printers if bound book/ex-factory date will be or has been missed. Obtain commitment for revised bound book/ex-factory date and enter in CISPUB and PO system.
- Assist Production Director Calendars with online/traditional proof review assignments, compilation of comments/revisions, and review completion/approval.
- Provide assistance to Production Managers and VP Production for processing proofs (receiving, unpacking, creating/printing routing form, summarizing comments, repacking, and return shipment to printer if required).
- Undertake a limited number of frontlist and calendar print production assignments to gain experience with transmittal meetings, Total Estimate Worksheets (TEW), scheduling in Title Management (TM), and online/traditional proofing.
- Monitor production quality and consistency for assigned titles.
- Strong verbal, written, and especially negotiation skills.
- Willingness to learn various web-based software programs.
- Capability to favorably interact with a variety of personalities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Problem-solving skills with a focus on achieving a mutually agreeable outcome with AMP vendors.