Director, Sales Administration
Empire Office - a Premier Steelcase dealer with locations in NY, NJ, PA, and FL is seeking a DIrector of Sales Administration for Northeast Empire. This position will oversee and manage the Sales Administration Staff in the New York, Secaucus, and Milford offices, which consists of approximately 75 employees. The position will be responsible for managing projects as they come in and assign staff to service the accounts. They will act as the point person to approximately 40 Sales reps as work come in; collaborate with them to assess project size, support needs and appropriate deadlines.
To do so, they will need to possess (or quickly obtain) an understanding of sales administrator job function, the inner workings of our organization, and the different competency levels among the sales admin staff. In addition, the Director of Sales Management will need to manage all personnel issues as they arise and work with HR to find a resolution.
Specific Skills and Knowledge Base must include:
- Project planning & goal setting
- Time management, working against deadlines
- Delegation of work based on varying staff workloads and competency levels
- Basic financial understanding of our internal gross profit systems
- Training, development & motivation of employees
- Promote efficient and productive work environment
- Provide constructive performance feedback on a regular basis, incentiveize employees where needed
- Partner with Human Resources on conflict resolution and/or personnel issues
- Project a professional, authoritative yet approachable persona
- Deal well with aggressive natured or intense personalities, remain calm under pressure
- Demonstrate an expertise in tailoring solutions to audience needs based on observation, interviews, and depth of learning desired i.e. Learner-Centered Design
- Research and continually learn different tools, applications, and methodologies to keep our team on the cutting edge of consulting and instructional design
Support a vision for empowered learning across the enterprise
- Create a network both broad and deep throughout the enterprise and outside of Steelcase:
- Create Relationships with other Steelcase Learning Group members and Center of Expertise to ensure efficiency, and scalability in solutions
- Create relationships with internal business stakeholders in sales, marketing, and product development, to drive business results as well as best in class learning
- Create relationships with external experts to continue to push your own knowledge and drive learning & growth
- Conduct research to identify current trends and thinking relative to key learning group initiatives and processes.
- Assist in the formulation, plan development, methodologies, implementation strategies, and measures to determine the learning architecture for various audiences leading to better performance.
- Develop and/or coordinate the development of support tools and job aides.
- Conduct general or specialized presentations via consulting, facilitating, or training applications