WISE & Healthy Aging is a multi-service, non-profit organization based in downtown Santa Monica, serving older adults, their families and caregivers throughout Los Angeles County. WISE & Healthy Aging enhances independence, dignity and quality of life of older adults through leadership, advocacy, and innovative services.
The Regional Manager, Long-Term-Care (LTC) Ombudsman Program must use strong leadership and clinically-sound capabilities to direct the Lancaster regional area for the LTC Ombudsman Program. This includes the supervision of staff, graduate level MSW candidate interns and volunteers who advocate on behalf of residents in long-term care facilities. The Regional Manager will also assign and provide guidance to ombudsman, stay abreast of local, state, and federal regulations concerning long term care facility issues. The position will conduct ombudsman and elder abuse awareness presentations to consumers and professionals.
- Conduct preliminary investigations of reports of alleged elder and dependent adult abuse in long-term care facilities in a timely manner.
- Train, recruit, assign and supervise Ombudsman staff, interns and volunteers.
- Ensure that all complaints are being handled according to program guidelines.
- Ensure that facility coverage plan is implemented by coordinating schedules and field visits.
- Collect and report accurate statistical data on a monthly basis in conformance with established procedures.
- Provide community education presentations, ongoing Public Relations and development with community partners like law enforcement and local fire departments.
- Conduct monthly in-service meetings for volunteers and staff.
- Conduct annual volunteer recognition activities to promote volunteer retention.
- Engage in legislative advocacy in district and at the State Capitol.
- Use of personal vehicle to visit LTC facilities approximately 30% of the time.
- Attend monthly Ombudsman Program Managers meeting, agency meetings, and represent the program at several countywide multidisciplinary team meeting.
Master's in social work (MSW) for two years required. Master’s in gerontology (MSG) may also be considered.
- Experience Requirements
- Three years minimum experience in one or more of the following areas: gerontology, complaint investigation, mediation, negotiation, health care delivery, long-term care and/or advocacy.
- Previous experience in volunteer management and staff supervision/management.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Experience working with an ethnically diverse populations.
- Candidates must not have worked at a long term care facility or adult day service center for at least one year prior to application.
- Must pass and maintain a criminal background check.
- Must travel throughout Los Angeles County/City and to Sacramento minimally biannually.
- Transportation, valid driver’s license, auto insurance and satisfactory criminal background check required.
Benefits & Compensation:
We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Benefits include 80% company-paid medical, 100% company-paid dental, 401(k) plan with competitive employer match, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), optional life and vision insurance, 11 paid holidays plus paid time-off (PTO).