The Human Resources Coordinator is the representative of the Human Resources department that facilitates all HR functions and programs. Generally working under the Director of Human Resources or Human Resources Manager, the HR Coordinator’s work involves addressing issues raised by current employees and new-hires, organizing and scheduling orientations, and coordinating other HR functions such as training and development.
The Human Resources Coordinator oversee issues related to employment, compensation, and employee relations. Their work is often focused on improving HR policies, processes, and practices and recommending changes to HR management. To ensure efficient operations, the HR Coordinator will perform a substantial amount of research, data analysis, and reporting as it relates to employee productivity.
- Facilitating human resources processes
- Maintains employee information by entering and updating employment and status-change data within HRIS
- Provides administrative support to all functions of the HR department such as: entering, formatting, and printing information and organizing work
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests and provide assistance
- Redirect HR related calls or distribute correspondence to the appropriate person of the team
- Maintain records of personnel-related data (payroll, personal information, leaves, turnover rates etc.) in both paper and the database and ensure all employment requirements are met
- Liaise with other departments or functions (payroll, benefits etc.)
- Support the recruitment/hiring process by sourcing candidates, performing background checks, assisting in shortlisting, issuing employment contracts etc.
- Assist supervisors in performance management procedures
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events etc. and maintain the team’s agenda
- Coordinate training sessions and seminars
- Perform orientations, onboarding and update records with new hires
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity
- Assist in ad-hoc HR projects, like collection of employee feedback
- Support other functions as assigned
- Ensuring the effective utilization of plans related to HR programs and services
- Conducting audits of payroll, benefits, and other HR programs, and recommending corrective actions
- Assisting with the performance review and termination processes
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files. Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks.
- Assists with interview process. Tracks status of candidates in HRIS and responds with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files both digital and paper.
- Any other duties or projects assigned by the Director of Human Resources