- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Business courses preferred
- One to two years of work experience, preferably in an office.
- Volunteer experience may be substituted.
Licensure or Certification:
- Valid Florida driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to provide excellent service and care for customers and animals.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Basic math skills.
- Legible handwriting.
- Ability to operate computer, printer, copier, telephone, fax machine and smartphone.
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate basic office equipments including multi-line phone system, copiers, faxes and computers.
- Ability to hear.
- Clear and understandable voice.
- Light physical effort – routinely lifting or moving less than 25 pounds.
- Stooping and bending.
- Occasional exposure to areas of high noise levels, such as dog kennels.
It is not possible to detail nor anticipate everything an employee may be required to do, therefore it is understood that my job may require me to perform other duties as assigned which might include, but are not limited to: new duties, duties previously assigned to another position, and assistance to others in completion of their normal duties.
I understand that job descriptions may be revised or altered from time to time at the sole discretion of the SPCA Tampa Bay for any reason.
This job description is not intended to and does not constitute an expressed or implied contract between any individual and the SPCA Tampa Bay. All employment is “at-will.”