The Systems Design Engineer position will involve selling and overseeing production system installations including audio, lighting, stage drapery, rigging and video. With the primary focus being AV. This position reports to the General Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Track and follow up on leads, ensure project processes are being completed in a timely and accurate manner, address issues that arise within projects and assist with troubleshooting
- Assist sales staff with joint sales calls to customer site; may require technical presentations
- Meet with clients and inspect site; acquire site photos, measurements, etc.
- Responsible for generating and sending comprehensive scope of work and estimates for client
- Work with accounting to build contract and terms in estimates
- Finalize design and send to CAD
- Lead kick-off meetings on new projects
- Maintain good client relations while project is being installed
- Coordinate with Project Managers, Engineers and Estimators on project details such as labor, hardware needs, and ordering equipment
- Provide high-end technical support for customer related service
- Program, configure and train systems onsite as needed
- Meet with client at conclusion of project and do a final walk through
- Complete redlines on project documents
- Assist Project Coordinator with on Project Profile information and photos
- Follow up with client 30 and 90 days after project completion for updates and maintaining good rapport
- Develop and maintain knowledge of current and new technologies with manufacturers and reps
- Manage vendor relationships by addressing product updates, product problems, and high end troubleshooting issues
- Assist with training internal technical or sales staff on new products
- Participate in trade shows, meetings, and other marketing events
- Always strive to build customer relations to develop the business.