The ideal candidate will have
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in Human Resources, Employee Relations, or another related field
- Five plus years experience in HR
- SHRM CP/SCP certification or any equivalent Human Resource certification preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Employment/Labor laws and requirements
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and issues effectively and simultaneously
- Self-motivated and self-starter who can work well under minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail, research and follow up skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
WHRO requires that employees working onsite maintain a COVID-19 fully vaccinated status and will be required to provide a copy of their immunization card or certification statement to WHROs Human Resources Department.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually light to moderate as the Senior HR Specialist mostly works in an indoors environment which may include occasional work near office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the Senior HR Specialist regularly is required to use hands and fingers, handle, or feel computer hardware, or handle office equipment; walk or stand for short periods of time, talk, see and hear. The Senior HR Specialist must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally may move up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Physical Requirements
Vision Must be able to see near and distance while on the job.
Dexterity Must be able to use hands and fingers to accomplish work related tasks such as typing, writing documents, using a calculator and keyboard.
Sense of Sound - Must be able to hear office equipment warning signals, electronics and copier/printer machinery.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fraction, and percent, decimals, statistics, and counting.
Ability to execute detailed objectives by following written or oral instructions.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Skills and Abilities:
The Human Resource Generalist must be able to work well under pressure and communicate effectively when dealing with employees, manager, equipment problems, or complex situations.
At WHRO, we believe that diversity fuels creativity and innovation. WHRO is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive practice where employees excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, personal development, and job performance.