Scientific Protein Laboratories is a biopharmaceutical leader in the development and manufacturing of heparin, pancreatin, heparin derivatives, naturally derived pharmaceuticals, and recombinant proteins from microbial fermentation. We have an immediate opening in Waunakee, WI (Madison area) for a Custodian to join our second shift Maintenance team.
This position is responsible for performing daily cleaning and upkeep of the facilities and grounds to cGMP standards under minimal supervision. This will be achieved by following all position related SOPs and safety regulations in a workman like manner, interacting with SPL employees and visitors on a professional level and assisting in the development of improved methods for the duties as listed. Under direct supervision, performs routine unskilled and semi-skilled activities such as minor repairs on facility and grounds maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Duties will require vacuuming, dusting, sweeping wall and window washing, restroom cleaning, laboratory cleaning, trash removal, stripping and waxing floors and carpet cleaning in office, production support areas, equipment rooms and Laboratories.
- Assists in checking facility for safety hazards and reports any deficiency.
- Under direct supervision performs routine unskilled and semi-skilled activities such as facility-painting, light maintenance, snow removal and grounds maintenance.
- Learns, understands and complies with cGMP and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) developed for the department and facility.
- Carries out duties with a sense of immediacy and must be proactive to assure strong regulatory compliance.
- Mandatory weekend overtime required per manager’s discretion.