Scientific Protein Laboratories is a biopharmaceutical leader in the development and manufacturing of heparin, pancreatin, heparin derivatives, naturally derived pharmaceuticals, and recombinant proteins from microbial fermentation. We have an immediate opening in Waunakee, WI (Madison area) for a 1st shift Maintenance Mechanic.
This position is responsible for performing general and semi-skilled tasks in the repair and maintenance of machinery, buildings, and equipment. Work involves general proficiency in at least one area (HVAC, Boilers Refrigeration, Water Systems and/or instrument calibration). Incumbent will exercise some technical independence in determining work methods and procedures in their particular skill area; receives assignments either orally or through written instructions, which may be accompanied by diagrams or sketches. Work is reviewed through inspection and discussion with superiors.
- Performs start up and daily checks on utility and production support equipment
- Performs all repairs on utility and production support equipment. Make preventative maintenance checks and inspections in area of trade specialty. Adjusts and calibrates equipment when necessary. Performs electrical and pipefitting repairs to utility systems and production support equipment. Responds to issues regarding utility and production support equipment and makes adjustments and repairs as necessary
- Analyzes mechanical and operational problems on equipment or machinery utilizing meters, gauges, and instruments to examine and functionally test. Plans corrective action. Makes necessary adjustments to maintain production and quality. Records data.
- Researches and obtains management authorization for purchases of parts and supplies.
- Performs tests and analysis on systems tied in with utility and production support equipment