St. Jerome Emiliani Foster Care Program provides services to immigrant and refugee children who arrive to the United States unaccompanied. Safe Passages Family Reunification services, which operate under the St. Jerome Emiliani Foster Care Program, ensures safety and well-being to minors who discharge from Office of Refugee Resettlement custody to sponsors in the community. Minors and their sponsors are provided with referrals to community services, as well as guidance on educational, legal and other processes.
Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston is seeking a Family Reunification Case Manager.
Safe Passages Family Reunification Case Manager (FR Case Manager) is responsible for assessing and documenting needs of clients reunifying with sponsors. FR Case Manager conducts home visits with Unaccompanied Children and their sponsors, and follow all requirements outlined by the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), Department of Children’s Services (ORR/DCS) and United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB/MRS) program guidelines. FR Case Manager will conduct home assessments for potential sponsors prior to reunification, as well as conduct home visits to ensure safety, and to ensure that the needs of reunified minors are appropriately met.
The successful candidate will utilize strong assessment skills, communicate collaboratively with minors and their sponsors, and be resourceful in order to guide sponsors on services available to the minor.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Conduct home studies and assessments with prospective sponsors to assess the suitability and safety of the potential placement, home and verify relationship. FR Case Manager will identify and report any issues or challenges that may indicate an unsafe or inappropriate environment, or sponsor who does not appear to hold the best interests of the child in high regard.
- Conduct home visits for children released from ORR custody who are referred to Safe Passages, as meeting the criteria for Post-Release Services. During home visits, FR Case Manager may assist post-release clients with understanding and utilizing the local health system through referrals in their areas of residence. FR Case Manager may also provide information and education to sponsors regarding school registration, attendance requirements, teacher communication, building relationships with key school personnel, monitoring grades and educational progress and resources for academic assistance for minors. Other referrals, such as those for legal representation, will be provided as necessary. FR Case Manager will complete comprehensive report following the visits, and submit them within the identified timeframe. FR Case Manager may also provide both telephonic and in person crisis support to families.
- Complete all required documentation and reports and submit within specified timeframes. Maintain orderly case files and comprehensive documentation on client services and referrals. Ensure that all information reported is accurate, documented and reliable.
- Utilize training and expertise to assess safety and well-being of minors and/or sponsors or prospective sponsors, and subsequently make all necessary reports in a timely manner, if needed.
- Ensure confidentiality and privacy of all client information. Maintain appropriate and professional boundaries/relationships with clients at all times.
- Meet with immediate supervisor on a regular basis and actively utilize supervision time to strengthen skills and grow as a professional.
- Maintain appropriate safety practices when engaging with clients in their homes, office, or alternative setting, and address areas of concern in a timely manner.
- Attend all trainings and meetings, and develop and maintain working knowledge of federal contracts for unaccompanied children services.
- Ensure that the activities of this position and relevant programs are consistent with the mission, vision and values of Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston, and meet individual benchmarks and other performance measures.
- All other duties as assigned.