Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Help maintain all aspects associated with snow venues and their sport user groups, Snowmaking, grooming, safety, lawns, watering systems, and hill maintenance/repairs summer and winter.
- Assist SVM with the supervision of daily maintenance, grooming, safety, and fencing on all snow venues to ensure they meet NGB and FIS technical standards and expectations of UOP and user group’s summer and winter.
- Assist SVM with producing and maintaining schedules for Mountain operations staff in summer and winter season
- Assist SVM as proactive project lead and delegate assignments to crew Leads and staff based off of project lists, timelines, and deadlines.
- Serve as a lead snow-maker and help supervise UOP snowmaking crew in winter season.
- Help train new Mountain Operations employees in all aspects of snow making, snow venues preparation, maintenance, safety, and operations summer and winter.
- Maintain multiple daily logs for snowmaking, water usage, Gas, etc.
- Assist SVM with maintaining venue maintenance logs
- Supervise UOP and volunteer staff in the preparation and proper operation of snow venues and equipment in winter, summer, and transition seasons.
- Participate in and help train staff for (Nordic, Freestyle, Moguls, Big Air, Alpine) preparation in accordance with all FIS and USSA regulations.
- Help keep UOP property including grounds, buildings, machines, and vehicles clean and organized
- Assist when appropriate Mountain Adventure operations.
- Help with Lift operations when appropriate.
- Assist with other UOP operations when requested by manager when appropriate
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Minimum of five years’ experience with Mountain operations.
- Minimum of three years snowmaking and or snow cat operation experience.
- Experience with snow prep, maintenance, and snow management techniques.
- Knowledge of National and International technical requirements.
- Ability to perform strenuous activities, including shoveling, and lifting, outdoors in extreme temperatures.
- Proven supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of radio protocol.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Safety conscious person, ensuring safety of athletes, spectators and employees.
- Ability to work with all user groups in a friendly (UOP Team) and accommodating manner.
- Experience operating utility vehicles, heavy equipment, and snowmobiles.
- A valid Driver’s License
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Flexible work schedule – must be available to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Environmental Job Requirements
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperature/weather extremes
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Hearing – to converse with others in a normal conversation
- Balancing, bending, climbing, kneeling, walking, pushing, reaching above shoulders, and sitting