Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Major Gifts will implement fundraising programs to successfully meet annual, program, and campaign goals. The position will also work closely with the Chief Development Officer to drive the organization’s fundraising initiatives and develop a fundraising and stewardship strategy for an assigned portfolio of donors. This person will have experience with planned giving programs and deferred giving vehicles. A strong candidate will have a minimum of 8-10 years fundraising experience with a proven history of success in creating thoughtful campaign strategies, one on one gift solicitations of $5,000+ and high-level donor cultivation and stewardship.
This driven self-starter will be proactive, motivated, and detail-oriented. As part of this role, the Director of Major Gifts will work closely with the senior management team and lay leaders to identify the organization’s top philanthropic partners and prospects. This individual will also be charged with creating individual cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for all prospective major donors, including for the donors within the CEO’s portfolio.
- Develop and implement appropriate fundraising strategies to increase the campaign and overall fundraising with a variety of fundraising techniques.
- Manage the CEO’s donor and prospect portfolio, which includes driving the strategy and ensuring steps are implemented according to schedule.
- Identify, recruit, and train lay leaders in furthering campaign goals.
- Communicate regularly with donors and help create materials and initiatives that reflect an energetic approach to cultivation and support.
- Manage a portfolio of 100-125 top donors and prospects.
- Work with the Individual Giving Manager to identify new potential major donor prospects and establish a process for portfolio management between the two positions.
- Oversee all reporting requirements of current Keshet endowment funds.
- Implement a planned giving program and incorporate solicitations for deferred giving into donor strategies.
- Create cultivation events and donor experiences that showcase the work of Keshet in a positive, inspiring light with the goal of furthering a donor’s individual journey.
- Record all moves and strategies in the donor database.
- Advocate and advance best practices in fundraising and relationship management.