Take the next step in your career with Greater Chicago Food Depository by joining a team committed to ending hunger in our community. Every day, we distribute food through our network of partner agencies and programs, including mobile distributions and responses for children, older adults and veterans. We are, currently, seeking an Associate Manager of Employment Partnerships to join our team.
This position will be a member of The Greater Chicago Food Depository’s Workforce Development program aimed at empowering adults and opportunity youth with the skills and confidence needed to secure meaningful employment in hospitality/culinary, food production, other food related industries, Supply Chain Management/Logistics, and other local and in-demand Industries. This person will interact regularly with students who have experienced discouragement and trauma, and is expected to be supportive, respectful, and aligned with our commitment to unleashing the potential of all our workforce participants.
The Manager of Employment and Business Relations will assist in developing employer expansion strategy, talent development and support, and brand management resulting in the successful placement of GCFD’s workforce development program graduates. The core activity of this role is to oversee all employment preparation, placement, and retention services for trainees enrolled in GCFD’s workforce development programming. This includes acting as a liaison between program staff, graduates and employment partners. Must be familiar navigating the Chicagoland Workforce Development ecosystem, including DFSS, SNAP2Success E&T, Chicago Cook Workforce partnership and the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). Clients may have little or no work experience, criminal backgrounds, and low literacy.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Research and strategically develop relationships with potential employers according to student needs and industry trends.
- Implement relationship management tactics to encourage regular program engagement, increased presence at special workforce employment events and actively pursuing and expanding employment opportunities for program graduates.
- Update, implement and evaluate job-readiness curriculum including resume writing, business correspondence, networking and job search strategies and interviewing techniques.
- Oversee the externship/Internship/Apprenticeship program(s) including developing potential sites according to program standards, students’ abilities/preference, and employment potential.
- Work with Career Pathways and Career Services team to provide employment and personal coaching to students and graduates in order to strengthen job retention and prevent termination.
- Oversee job search and placement for all current and past graduates who are eligible for employment services.
- Perform outreach services to graduates according to predetermined intervals to track post-graduate progress regarding employment, housing, social services and other IEP goals.
- Completes monthly reports including but not limited to employment, retention, demographics, employer assessments, and student progress towards self-sufficiency.