Solect Energy is currently seeking a full-time Electrical Engineer with MA P.E. license to join our Design, Engineering, and Regulatory team. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in electrical design & engineering in the commercial Solar PV industry. The candidate will be a driven, self-starter with a passion for solar and the desire to propel a fast-growing Solar Development firm to regional prominence. The position requires the ability to manage a large volume of projects while demonstrating excellent communication. The ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment is a key to success in this role. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team and participate in the solar (PV) industry from the ground up.
- Develop electrical portion of Solar PV designs including when necessary medium voltage gear.
- Develop design specifications and functional requirements for commercial scale solar PV systems.
- Ensure designs meet company standards, safety regulations, codes, and jurisdictional requirements, including development of standard operation procedures and quality & safety standards for solar PV installations.
- Prepare electrical single-line diagrams using CAD software and stamp single-line diagrams.
- Communicate with vendors and internal design team on AC switch gear including medium voltage gear and equipment. Including review and approval of submittal drawings.
- Communicate with utilities on complex electrical issues and analyze utility studies.
- Conduct evaluations of on-site electrical existing conditions and on-site review of project installations.
- Provide guidance to design & engineer team throughout solar PV design process including review of completed designs.
- Provide technical leadership and support to members of the installation and service teams, including installation support, startup, technical commissioning, and ongoing operation & maintenance support.
- Support company’s effort in integrating ESS battery storage in solar PV systems, including completion of ESS storage designs, communicating with vendors, outside design consultants, internal staff designers and utility companies on ESS system designs and installations.